Thursday, April 21, 2005

Goals/Accomplishments~

Wow, wally-ball was so much fun last night. Again, for those of you that are not familiar with this particular activity, Wally-Ball is volleyball played in a closed court setting. Therefore, you are able to use the walls and ceiling to play off of.

This particular weekly activity is a bunch of women. When I was initially invited to join this fun group, I had told my friend that asked me to join, that I was very excited about this. See, I used to manage a racquetball club in a previous life, and had a group of men and women that I managed their racquetball and wally-ball teams.

So...I was told that "Oh no we are not any good, the only thing that we will probably accomplish is that we will probably laugh so hard, we may even pee our pants from laughter." I, am so non competitive, I told her I would fit right in. Even though I may have managed this league, I have never actually played Wally-Ball. Racquetball, on the other hand, watch out cause I will kick your ass in racquetball. :)

As far as tonight, I think I may take a night off, I'm tired!!

Poem of the day~

Since I like to post a daily poem (or try to) I wanted to share the poem that I wrote for the Broomfield Relay for Life, on behalf of our team “Wishing on a Star for a Cure”, this is the 5th year I have been part of the relay, and the 4th year I have written the poem for our team:
Wishing on a star for a cure 2005

We will walk for you

You were my friend, as always
We played when we were young
Your doors were always open wide
We knew how to have fun

At times, we may have gotten lost
But later to be found
Years and miles they separate
But love and care, they bound

I always knew you loved me
Your words and face would show
The silence may be present now
But I will always know

You were my Grandma, Sister, Mom and friend
All friends of ours, its true
Because of all of this,

We, will walk for you

meo-4/2005

Quote of the day~

“But often times those words get tangled up in lines, and the bright lights turn to night until the dawn it brings a little bird who'll sing about the magic that was you and me”~ Jason Mraz


Later~

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved wallyball. I used to play with people from work. We always had a blast. jr

Molly said...

It is quite a bit of fun, and a great workout. Do you enjoy racquetball as well?