Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Neighborhood Meet and Greet

Last night, right before midnight, my building decided to have an official neighborhood meet and greet. There we all were, clad in our PJ's, our dogs and any worldly possessions we could drag with us. Standing in the misting cool air, on the sidewalk. Of course if was a fire alarm, but my daughter said it was the building meet and greet, which I thought was pretty clever. Andrew got to see a big firetruck, and Jess and I got to see firemen. All I know is that one of the apartments that is not yet occupied must have had a sprinkler system going off in there most of the night, there was water pouring out of the door. That must have somehow set off the alarm. One of our neighbors had to climb the fence of the athletic club down the street and rescue her dog from the outdoor pool. I guess the noise scared him and he took off and decided to go for a swim. At least he had some fun.

2 comments:

Molly said...

Yeah, but I asked him if he knew you and he didnt. So I think I am ok.

Jana said...

sounds like fun!