Monday, August 08, 2005

Crazy Soon to be Ex

Ok, so I know I have been MIB (missing in Blog) but here I am with an update.

The divorce has been filed, papers served and all was well... until last night. I have some death threats, yes, death threats that he left on my voice mail, both work and cell, yes I have saved them. He also called my daughter and told her that he wishes I would die, and that he would like to strangle me. Last week, after he "dropped" his keys conveniently by my left rear tire and took a few extra seconds "finding" them, I had a blowout going 65 miles an hour on highway 36, of course that I cannot prove but I am very suspicious. After he left me multiple I am sorry voice mail messages this morning, he has not called. This is a prime example of his behavior and one of the many reasons why I have left. Sounds like restraining order time.

But other than that, my workout is still going strong, but not as strong as I would like it. I am stepping it up this week though.

don't I lead a fun and adventurous life??

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes Molly,
It is "restraining order" time. Be really careful.
Mary

Jana said...

Please, please be careful and let someone know where you are at all times. Rejection is the biggest motivator for revenge and I believe Ron is up for revenge. Take care. Even if you need anyone here at work to walk you to your car....

Doseydotes said...

A restraining order is a good idea. A few years ago, before anybody had stalking laws, an attorney I worked for had a client who was being harassed and threatened by a man she didn't know. She got a restraining order and it didn't help. What did help was when a very large male member of her family sat him down and explained that he was going to get his butt kicked from here to November if he didn't get the heck away from her.

Got any great big male relatives? I've got one I might be able to lend you.

Molly said...

I have heard that restraining orders dont always work. If someone wants to hurt you they will do it regardless. And I do have connections, I am after all from Detroit. Jimmy Hoffa and such. :)

Anonymous said...

Molly,
Restraining orders do work a lot of the time. Many men who are into making threats really don't want to tangle with the law so it is worthwhile to get one...your ex may be one of them.

In any case, you should tell your attorney about his threats...I'll bet her advice will be to get one.
Mary

Jana said...

I agree that restraining orders can't stop a person, but the police can't help you without one, so go and get one today!

Doseydotes said...

In Oklahoma, a law has been passed that will go into effect in November, where if a person is convicted of using the telephone to make a threat of bodily harm upon another person, it is a misdemeanor (up to 6 months in jail) and if he is convicted a second time, it is a felony. I don't know if Colorado has a comparable law.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.